Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Day I Buried My Sister:

This was not a day that I was looking forward too, but it was a day that I was truly blessed. On Jan 21, 2011 family and friends gathered at Glendale Baptist church to say our final good bye to a great lady, my sister.

The music was wonderful the speakers were great. Bro Jarrell Woodhull gave the message of hope that can only be found in Jesus. When all of the final words were spoken and the family had those final moments with our sister and our friend we left for her final resting place here on this earth. Carolan Cemetery.

The ride was long on a cold dreay day. The wind was blowing and the clouds were filling the valley where her final resting place would be. There again Bro Jarrell, her pastor gave words of comfort and hope to family and friends alike.

It was at this moment that something special happened that I will remember forever! Just as her pastor begin his final words and right before his prayer out of the western sky came a bright ray of sunshine. As I stood looking at the head of her oak casket the spot light of heaven gleemed down upon her. As I turned to look at the sun it was as big and bright as any noon day sun. Yet just as quickly as it came it disapeared behind the clouds.

I chose to believe that it was simply the light of Heaven, Jesus looking down on my sister and with a final earthly fairwell saying, "well done good and faith servant", rest now your earthly body till I come again and take you home to a place that I have prepared for you..............

Till we meet again sis.........

Love ya,
Little bro

3 comments:

  1. Uncle Steve you are so correct we were there to witness the very same thing you have written about it was simply AMAZING!! And I to believe that it was Jesus looking down on my AUNT JUDY it just had to be with all the good things that she has done for other people and life she led for Jesus!
    I don't say this enough I LOVE YOU UNCLE STEVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do believe, with all my heart, that those blessed to be gathered there at Judy's graveside service witnessed a miracle. I like the way you described it, as I have tried to describe the expereince, but I feel strongly that I cannot find the words to express this fascinating ray of light. The way it appeared, the angle, with dark, heavy, thick clouds all around with absolutely no sign of the sun all day long. . . and then this sunbeam at just the precise angle, breaking through the clouds and shining directly upon Judy's casket and the gorgous flowers on top. It was like a very specific spotlight. Breathtaking. Mind-blowing. It was a miracle, and I am so glad we shared in this together. I love how you suggested it came from Heaven, because I believe with all my heart that it did. Love, Tamera

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read Radical and Crazy Love and have been blessed and challenged by them both! I see you have read them, too. Actually, they were a really bizarre blend of challenging and liberating.

    ReplyDelete