Saturday, December 12, 2009

While on the way to Texas this last late thursday night drive Teresa, Sarah and I played 20 questions. One of the questions that I asked was a simple one: What is you favorite Christmas memory!

My self I have many to chose from, because my family has always had a great time during the Christmas season. I guess one of my most recent Christmas memories was 6 years ago when on Christmas eve I popped the question and she said yes!!!!!!

Teresa did mention something, but I forgot what it was because what Sarah said next was very special............

What she said was simple, but very moving to me and I quote:

"Our first Christmas together as a family"............Wow, is all I could think, but I understand why....it was the first Christmas that she experienced as a family at her home, our home!!!!!

Yes it is truly a home...........a place of safety filled and surrounded by people who love each other dearly............I hope your home is filled the same way and that during this season you realize that Christmas is not about gifts that we give, but about the gift that we have received...........the greatest gift of all.....

The birth of a Saviour, Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What and Awesome gift we have, and all we need to do is accept HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. I am so glad God Blessed you with Teresa and Sarah. I hope you and your family all of them have a wonderful and merry christmas! God Bless You Uncle Steve!

    ReplyDelete